INFORMATION THE COMPANY COLLECTS FROM YOU
- Registration and Profile Information: As part of the registration process, you will be asked to provide information including an e-mail address, your name, one or more contact phone numbers and contact information for your designated recipients. If you elect to purchase a premium service, our billing partners, Apple, Google and Strype, Square will collect billing and payment information from you. From time-to-time, the MyMaskcop Service may include functionality that permits you to provide profile information that may be accessible by recipients that you designate and applicable emergency responders. This profile information may include, but is not limited to: Date of Birth, height, weight, personal photos, emergency contact information, allergies, medical conditions, disabilities, vehicle information, and other information that may be of assistance to people responding to incidents you report through the MyMaskcop Service. You may also have the ability to submit free text notes which includes other information that does not specifically fall within categories offered by the MyMaskcop Service account management tools.
When you use the MyMaskcop Service, we will not collect any of the foregoing personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. When you create your personal vault of information, you will be asked for both personal and demographic information, some of which is required in order to complete the registration. We will inform you which information is optional.
- Incident Information: When you use the MyMaskcop Service to transmit any information pertaining to an incident (including video, audio, text and other data), MyMaskcop will collect such information. An small, ref “REC” icon indicates when the camera and/or audio is recording, both in normal and “stealth” modes.
- Geo-Location Information: Unless you disable the geo-location functionality of the application or your mobile device, which will degrade our ability to provide accurate and timely service, the MyMaskcop Service will track your location (when MyMaskcop App is activated and the GPS service on the phone is enabled) and associate/store such location with any messages, data or incidents that you transmit through the MyMaskcop Service. The MyMaskcop Service will also utilize your geo-location to determine whether you are with the geographical zone of one or more third party emergency responders that have signed up with MyMaskcop to receive incident data in their location.
- Passive Information Collection: As you navigate through a web site component of the MyMaskcop Service, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as navigational data collection. For example, when using the MyMaskcop Service, we and/or our service providers may track Internet Protocol addresses, use session and persistent cookies, use session IDs and assign Internet tags. Our system may also automatically gather information about the areas you visit on the MyMaskcop Service and collect operational information about the technology you use, such as your browser, operating systems, IP address, system and application software, peripherals, Internet service providers and the domain name of the web site from which you linked to the MyMaskcop Service. In addition, when you view the MyMaskcop Service, we may store some information on your computer or mobile device. This information will be in the form of a cookie, flash cookie or similar file and will help us in many ways. We reserve the right to use, and to permit our service providers to use, such cookies, flash cookies and web beacons, as well as other comparable or future technologies, to collect information regarding usage of the MyMaskcop Service or our applications (including use of our applications on third party sites). We passively collect information to understand what areas of the MyMaskcop Service are most popular, which areas may require improvement and what technologies are being used by our visitors. This information helps us to update and improve the MyMaskcop Service. We also use this information for security purposes, to detect and to block security breaches and to provide you with a safe online environment.
HOW THE COMPANY MAY USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE
- Designated Recipients: During the registration process and through use of account management tools, you will be asked to identify one or more recipients of any incident reports you elect to place through the MyMaskcop Service. Accordingly, when you utilize the MyMaskcop Service to initiate an incident, you acknowledge and agree that all content in the incident report will be made available to and accessible by MyMaskcop and the foregoing recipients and you have no expectation of privacy in connection therewith. MyMaskcop is not responsible for whether or how such third parties utilize the content and data you send to them.
- Emergency Responders: From time-to-time, emergency responders (e.g., college campus security, municipalities, etc.) may subscribe to the MyMaskcop Service. You may view a list of then current emergency responders at any time at ifollowAlerts.com. When you are within the designated geographic zone of such emergency responders, such third parties will receive any incidents your report through the iFollow Service as well as any applicable profile information you have supplied. Accordingly, when you utilize the MyMaskcop Service to initiate an incident, you acknowledge and agree that all content in the incident report and related profile information will be made available to and accessible by MyMaskcop and the applicable emergency responders, and you have no expectation of privacy in connection therewith. iFollow Alerts is not responsible for whether or how such third parties utilize the content and data you send to them.
- MyMaskcop Use: Your contact information (e.g., e-mail addresses, phone number) will only be used for the purposes for which you supplied it to us (e.g., responding to your comments or requests for information, sending requested newsletters, etc.). Your billing information (credit card number, billing address) will only be used to process transactions between you and MyMaskcop.
Except as otherwise stated, we may use information collected internally to operate the services described on the MyMaskcop Service, to improve the MyMaskcop Service, to customize the MyMaskcop Service to your preferences, to communicate information to you, for research purposes and for any other purpose specified in this policy. In addition, we may make full use of all information acquired through the MyMaskCop Service that is not in personally identifiable form.
- Other MyMaskcop Disclosures: In addition to the disclosure of your information to recipients and responders as described in clauses 2.A and 2.B above, we may disclose any of the information you provide:
(i) to contractors we use to support our business (such as hosting providers, technical support, web analytics and financial institutions), in which case we will require such third parties to agree to use it for the same purposes;
(iii) to respond to law enforcement requests and subpoenas, where we believe in good faith that such response is required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations; and
(iv) in situations involving threats to the physical safety of any person.
MyMaskcop does not otherwise distribute to third parties your personally identifiable information. MyMaskcop, however, will have no liability for disclosure of information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of third parties.
- Usage Statistics, Aggregated Information and De-identified Information: MyMaskcop may de-identify and aggregate your personal information (including, without limitation, usage statistics and geo-location information) with information from other users of the MyMaskcop Service. MyMaskcop may use or disclose such aggregated information for purposes of operating, modifying, improving, promoting or otherwise commercializing the MyMaskcop Service or the aggregate data, but in no event shall such aggregated information include any personally identifying information.
CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT HOW THE COMPANY USES YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You may modify the personal information on your account at any time. However, such modifications or deletions will only affect reports after the date of such modifications; any data associated with prior incident reports will remain unmodified as previously provided to your recipients and stored in our servers. You also have control over which recipients will receive your incident reports and what profile data you elect to include and make accessible.
HOW THE COMPANY PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect your personal information. We use both technical and procedural methods to maintain the integrity and security of our databases, including the use of encryption and limited access to data. But you should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. PLEASE NOTE: The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Never share your password with anyone else, notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached, and remember to log off of the MyMaskcop Service before you leave your computer or mobile device.
WHAT THE COMPANY DOES ABOUT CHILDREN USING THE WEB SITE
The MyMaskcop Service is not intended for children under the age of 13, and children under 13 are prohibited from using the MyMaskcop Service. We will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from visitors under the age of 13. If a child has provided us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us via e-mail at email@example.com if they would like this information deleted from our records. We will use reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our databases.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT THE COMPANY